Shirts for a Cure presents a FREE SXSW showcase on Friday, March 20th at Red 7. Doors open at high noon.
The A.K.A.’s 12:30 – 1:00
Ruiner 1:20 – 1:50
Darkest Hour 2:20 – 3:05
Dillinger Four 3:25 – 4:25
The Bouncing Souls 4:45 – 6:00
First come, first served – get here early for guaranteed admittance.
The Shirts for a Cure Project is proud to announce this year’s SXSW day party will feature The Bouncing Souls, Dillinger Four, Darkest Hour, The A.K.A.’s and Ruiner. This will be the ONLY 2009 SXSW appearance by The Bouncing Souls, Dillinger Four and Darkest Hour. This FREE event will be held at Red 7 (611 East 7th Street) on Friday March 20th, doors open at noon sharp. Donations will be collected at the door and are strong encouraged.
There will be limited space at this event, so please arrive early to be assured entry.
Take a moment to peek at this year’s poster: www.syrentha.org/sxswposter2009.htm
All aboard the Johnny Cash Express! Boasting a lineup of punk and alternative rock’s most indie minded artists, proudly wearing their hearts on their sleeves while effortlessly blending Punk Rock with Americana, this new homage to the spirit of Johnny Cash is good for the soul and for our communities. Anchorless Records will be donating all the profits of All Aboard: A Tribute To Johnny Cash to the Syrentha Savio Endowment (SSE), a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to underprivileged women who cannot afford the expense of fighting breast cancer.
All Aboard features debut solo performances from Russ Rankin (former front man of seminal punk band Good Riddance), Joe McMahon of Smoke or Fire, and Ben Nichols of Lucero. The tribute also boasts The Bouncing Souls and MxPx, both of whom are Warped Tour mainstays and fixtures in the Punk community.
The range of songs chosen include Johnny Cash’s first single (The Flatliner’s covering “Cry, Cry, Cry”) and travels through a long and unparalleled career to the last single released by the Man in Black, “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” performed by The Gaslight Anthem. It is our hope that through this record we are able to introduce a new generation of music fans to the songs and importance of Johnny Cash via their favorite artists. The liner notes include quotes from each artist, expressing their feelings on the impact Johnny Cash has had on them both musically and personally.
The vinyl version of All Aboard will feature an alternate version of “Delia’s Gone” by Ben Nichols of Lucero. Expect a full album stream to be featured on www.punknews.org starting October 21.
All Aboard: A Tribute To Johnny Cash
1. Man In Black: The Bouncing Souls
2. Country Boy: Fallen From The Sky
3. Wreck Of The Old ’97: Chuck Ragan (Hot Water Music)
4. Let The Train Whistle Blow: Joe McMahon (Smoke or Fire)
5. Delia’s Gone: Ben Nichols (Lucero)
6. God’s Gonna Cut You Down: The Gaslight Anthem
7. Cocaine Blues: The Loved Ones
8. Give My Love To Rose: OnGuard (feat. Jason Shevchuk of Kid Dynamite and None More Black)
9. I Still Miss Someone: Casey James Prestwood (Hot Rod Circuit)
10. Hey Porter: MxPx
11. Cry,Cry,Cry: The Flatliners
12. Ballad of a Teenage Queen: The Dresden Dolls feat. Franz Nicolay of The Hold Steady
13. Folsom Prison Blues: Chon Travis (Love = Death)
14. There You Go: The Sainte Catherines
15. I Walk The Line: Russ Rankin (Good Riddance, Only Crime)
16. Bonus Track/Vinyl Only: Delia’s Gone (Alternate Version) Ben Nichols (Lucero)